Page 1 of 8
SSR-03 The Sjöström Super Regulator Power Supply
Click on the picture to get a larger view.
Some background can be found in my SSR-01 project.
This design is based on my SSR-01 project and the goal was to make the pcb with hole mounted parts as versatile as possible.
- 2-layer pcb with 70 um (2 oz.) copper.
- Gold pads.
- Extremely low noise.
- Extremely low output impedance in the audioband.
- Easy to change voltage
- Well-known and well-tested in serious and demanding applications.
- Option for TO92 or SOT23 transistors for the small signal transistors.
- Option for DIL08 or SO08 opamp.
- LM431 (and similar) reference or devices like LM329. The pcb has an universal footprint.
- Trimming options for both the reference and the feedback. Room for extra resistors and trimpots.
- Option for using three different kinds of smoothing caps, radial, axial or 10 mm snap-in.
- Output with sense inputs.
- All resistors 10 mm so it is possible to use a cut and bending machine for those parts.
Option for using higher voltage than the max supply voltage for the opamp.