SSR-02 The Sjöström Super Regulator, negative version
Click on the picture to get a larger view.
This design is based on my SSR-01 project and the goal was to make the pcb with hole mounted parts as small and versatile as possible.
- 4-layer pcb with 70 um (2 oz.) copper.
- Power traces 140 um!
- Gold pads.
- Extremely low noise.
- Extremely low output impedance in the audioband.
- Small size.
- Easy to change voltage, also to negative voltage but this particular design (pcb) requires two different pcb's, one for positive voltages and one for negative.
- Well-known and well-tested in serious and demanding applications.
- Option for TO92 or SOT23 transistors for the small signal transistors.
- Option for DIL08 or SO08 opamp.
- LM431 (and similar) reference or devices like LM329. The pcb has a universal footprint.
- Trimming options for both the reference and the feedback. Room for extra resistors and trimpots.
- One output with sense inputs.
- All resistors 10 mm so it is possible to use a cut and bending machine for those parts.
- Option for using higher voltage than the max supply voltage for the opamp.
The SSR-02 is identical to the SSR01, the positive version, when it comes to circuit design and the pcb layout. Please read more about the SSR02 here.