Page 1 of 5
QSXPS - The extreme power supply
Click on the picture to get a larger view.
This power supply design did I make for the DAC and for the new ultra extreme RIAA amp .
This design has very interesting features:
- Extremely low output noise.
- Very low output impedance in the audioband.
- Easy to change the output voltage
- High performance rectifier bridge built by discrete parts
- Well-known and well-tested in serious and demanding applications.
- LM431 as reference.
- Extra trimming resistors for tuning the output voltage.
- Frequency compensation for the opamp added as an option. By that you are more free of choosing opamp.
- All resistors 10 mm between the holes so it is possible to use a cut and bending machine for those parts.
- Current peak limiting resistor after the rectifier bridges. Reduces the harmonics in the raw voltage.
- Not particularly hard to make to independent regulators. Convenient if you want to make two positive voltages. This is not tested and verified.