Welcome to my DIY audio forum.

Cheers
Per-Anders Sjöström

Main Menu

QRV-08 Place to connect PWR LED

Started by chinook9, April 27, 2017, 07:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinook9

Is there a best place to connect a power LED...,around 20 mA.

Thank you

peranders

I recommend that you check how many mA you really need. I'll guess 2-5 mA is what you will need. Best point is to connect the LED after the rectifier bridge.
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff

chinook9

Thank you P-A.  I'm not going to put a power LED in at this point. I have a cheap enclosure from China and the power switch does not work so I'll work on it after I get a replacement.

The amp still sounds great in the enclosure and no ground loop problems.  That's always good.

chinook9

heaveno P-A!

I have been enjoying my QRV-08 for a long time now but I still have not finished enclosure installation with power LED.  I have been afraid of damaging something if I mess up the LED wiring. I understand very little electronics and would not be able troubleshoot if I cause a problem.

I understand how to measure the LEDs I have and calculate the required resistor, however I have not found a specific location on the PCB that I like for the connection.

My friend Keith connected a 1000 ohm resistor to the + side of G31 but I am not comfortable with this location. it is 25V which requires a larger resistor (1500 ohm 2 Watts) and the way I have G31 soldered I have very little space.

Is there a spot you could suggest that would provide 15V and possible is a through the board hole that would be easier to make a good and safe connection.

Thank you P-A I appreciate your help.

peranders

I'll recommend that you connect to the unregulated voltage in order to avoid unnecessary heat in the voltage regulator. Adjust the resistor value so the light is enough.
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff