Cheers
Per-Anders Sjöström

Main Menu

QSXM2 - considering buying PCB, questions

Started by tk-don, January 21, 2014, 08:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk-don

Hi,

I'm strongly considering buying the QSXM2 RIAA stage and phono amplifier bare PCB, but what I'd really have liked is a BOM, so I can prepare a little on beforehand or even consider if this is totally out of reach regarding component sourcing, price, etc.

My main question before pulling the trigger is: What is the typical combined parts price for a standard build with polypropylene capacitors, standard metal film 1% resistors, fairly standard electrolytic caps? The thing is that I would need to likely buy a resistor kit, since I only have a few metal films at hand, and would like to know if there are any particular values which are non-E24 for example, of different power requirements, etc.

Would there be any reason why the SSM2210 and SSM2220 are not mounted in sockets ? The reason is that I was considering the SSM2212 now that the 2210 is discontinued, but it is only available in SOIC, so an adaptor would indeed required. Regardless of what I choose, the matched transistor pairs aren't exactly "cheap" and never was which made me bring up the question of a reasonable estimate of build price.

Thanks!

peranders

I have SSM2210 and SSM2220 DIL08 if you are interested.

Sure you can have sockets if you want to.

Most parts are standard, nothing special.

If you don't plan to use a MC cartridge BC transistors would be fine as input transistors and also for high output MC's.
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff