Welcome to my DIY audio forum.

Cheers
Per-Anders Sjöström

Main Menu

SSR02 - whoops connected wrong

Started by Simon, August 08, 2010, 05:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Hi Per-Anders, have you had a chance to look at my post? Perhaps if you could send me some reference voltages I can work out what is dead myself.

regards

Simon

peranders

I'll suspect the opamp is blown. Have you mounted it correctly.
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff

Simon

Yes, I swapped that out and still get the same voltages that I have posted.

I am not keen on giving up, but my DAC has been out of service for a while, so I may have to resort to getting a ready made one from you and then come back to this one later.

peranders

If you have the opamp in a socket you could test to remove it. By this you could check your voltage reference.

You wrote in an earlier post that pin 7 had 24 volts where it should be 0 V. Where did you measure really? Pin 7 is connected with copper to the ground so it's impossible to get this value.

Simon

Hi,

I will double check this, but the 825 is soldered in and I have replaced it twice already.

In the meantime I will send you an email about buying some more boards and a pre assembled SSR02 - this one may in fact be cursed!

regulatr

Hi everybody. Had a similar problem like the OP. For SSR02 -15V I measured -7.6V at the output. I see that nobody has solved this problem yet, so I wanted to say what worked for me. After replacing the AD825 it turned out that I misunderstood the meaning of "alternative position" for the voltage reference. I used the "regular position" as indicated on the circuit board, but apparently the voltage reference has to be in the alternative position for -15V. Perhaps Per-Anders would be so kind to confirm this since I do not really understand this part of the circuit. The regulator now works like a charm!

cheers dan

peranders

I can make this more clear but if you check the pictures and also the schematics you might realize that I have made one symbol and footprint for LM329 OR LM431. VR1 with fat outline on the pcb is the LM431 and with thin for the LM329.

regulatr

Thank you Per-Anders. I might be a good example that you cannot make everything "fool proof" :-)...