Cheers
Per-Anders Sjöström

Main Menu

JSR03 @ 43Vout

Started by raq, April 16, 2012, 03:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raq

P-A,

One more thing. Do you see any problems with using a MAX410 with a Vref of 2.5V? I know it has to be within the common mode input voltage range (and it seems to be), but the data sheet is a bit confusing.

The other potential issue I see with this op amp is the very low Vs by specifications and how it limits the output V range, if at all relevant for this application, having in mind the high Vout required. This is more of a gut, undigested thought, so maybe it's not relevant but I'd appreciate your thoughts. 

Thank you.

peranders

It's a disadvantage to have a very low reference voltage since you must have so high gain resulting in less feedback and slower performance.

If the opamp can't handle the output voltage you must insert a zener regulator for the opamp. You can check the schematics for the SSR01.
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff

raq

I understand your first point and thanks.

Regarding the second issue there - I was thinking more in terms of output voltage swing, though I'm unsure how much it needs to be in this application to maintain regulation. With such low Vs (I will probably supply this with 9V), voltage swing may also be limited compared to Vout and was wondering if this impacts the way this runs.

Thank you.

peranders

The needed voltage swing is only a few volts but you must see to that the opamp not will get saturated. The DZ1 is a level shifter for the opamp.
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff

raq