Cheers
Per-Anders Sjöström

Main Menu

DYNAVECTOR 20XL Cartidge on QSXM2 RIAA amplifier

Started by AAmer75, September 14, 2011, 03:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAmer75

HI PA,

I thank you for earlier guidance on troubleshooting the heating issue of transistors. I realy appreciaty it.

I would need to ask you for one more advice and would realy like to have your opinion on it.

As I will use the QSXM2 amplifier for my DYNAVECTOR 20XL Cartidge What load resistor and capacitor should be most adequate for my cartridge?

Should I use the following components as per original QSXM2 Scheme and only adjusting the jumpers J1-J4 for MC Cartridge?
R1 (56kΩ), R2 (1kΩ) R3 (100 Ω) and
C1(470pF),  C2 (10nF)

Should I replace them with with some other values in order to have the QSXM2 preamp "accept" my cartdifge?

I ask this as I have doubts if I should do something like one of the QSXM2 Builders did - Please see the photo available at http://postimage.org/image/2nhs8jqys/

Although on this photo it is clearly the case of the QSXM2 build for MM Cartridge, should Insert some additional capacitors/resistors on  the PREAMP Input like it is shown on the photo?

For your information The cartridge DYNAVECTOR 20XL specification (the one I will use permanently on my KUZMA Stabi1)  is as follows:

Type  High/Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism
Output Voltage  2.8mV / 0.3mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
Channel Separation  25 dB (at 1KHz)
Channel balance   1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
Frequency response  20 - 20,000Hz (± 2dB)
Compliance  12 x 10-6 cm/dyn 
Tracking force  1.8 - 2.2grams
DC resistance   150 ohms / 5 ohms
Recommended load
resistance  > 1Kohms / > 30 ohms
Cantilever   6mm length, hard aluminium pipe
Stylus  Micro-Ridge
Weight  9.1 grams

More information available here: http://www.dynavector.com/products/cart/e_20x.html

I would appreciate your thoughts on the above mentioned.
Cheers
AAmer75

peranders

J1-4, yes

According to Dynavector you should have at least 30 ohms load. I'll guess you can search for other opinoins. C2 isn't that necessary but let the C1 be mounted
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff