Welcome to my DIY audio forum.

Cheers
Per-Anders Sjöström

Main Menu

QSXM3 with LTC1050 servo?

Started by Brambus, January 27, 2011, 08:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brambus

Sorry for a stupid question, but i could not resist...  :?

I'm planning about building  QSXM3.
Before starting I was searching for a good substitute for MAX420 -
I know that it is possible to use OP07 etc. but having found the data sheet of LTC1050-CN8
i was thinking that maybe it would work.

Would it be enough to omit P7 P8 C79 C80 (i.e. the net around terminals 1-5-8) or am i totally out of way?
Thanks in advance.
Paolo

PS
I see now that 18 volts is the total  V+ to V-  power supply rating. Maybe this is the show stopper... :|

peranders

LTC1050 could be used with some redesign but I'll recommend you a non-chopper type, like a medium speed, low noise type, capable of +- 15 volts. 5-15 V/us, 4 nV/Hz or less, 1 mV offset or less. Low input bias currents.
/Per-Anders Sjöström, owner of this forum

Homepage with my DIY hifi stuff

Nugman

Hi Per-Anders,

I'm also looking for a substitute for the MAX420 in QSXM3. In another topic regarding the QSXM2 you were suggesting an OP07 instead. Would this work in the QSXM3 as a drop-in replacement with the same circuit around as with the MAX420? Could I use the OP07 just instead of the MAX420?

Many thanks in advance  for your advice.
Roland

peranders

Nugman

Hi Per-Anders,

thanks for the quick reply. I'm a little bit embarrased because I found that you already mentioned the OP07 in the original documentation. I was so focused on looking for a MAX420 and how to replace it, that I somehow missed that.  :oops:
You write that when using the OP07, P3/P7 should be used as well. How should the pot be adjusted then? Is there a measurement point that should have a certain voltage or current?
What value should the pot have? The datasheet of the OP07 recommends 20k, while the schematics show a 10k?

Thanks, Roland

peranders

Start to use the OP07 without any trimming. I think it will work good. If you add a trim pot then the offset drift will be higher so it's good if you can avoid it. If you anyway want this pot use the recommended value in the datasheet.

Nugman